General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) 2018
BreatheSync takes your privacy very seriously and is committed to protecting the
personal information that we collect and process about you. This privacy notice explains how we collect, use and store the personal information
Who we are
What personal information we collect
How we collect personal information
How we use personal information
Who we share personal information with
How we keep personal information safe
How long we store personal information
Whether personal information has to be provided, and why
Reasons we can collect and use personal information
Rights of our clients, our supporters, our team
How to complain
Changes to this privacy notice
1. Who we arE
BreatheSync is a wellbeing technology company dedicated to improving the wellbeing of our customers around the world.
The company is registered in England & Wales under the name Breathe Sync Ltd (registered number 09471910).
BreatheSync collects, uses and is responsible for certain personal information about you. When we do so, we are regulated under the General Data Protection Regulation which applies across the European Union (including in the United Kingdom). We are responsible as ‘controller’ of that personal information in some cases, and 'processor' in some others for the purposes of those laws.
BreatheSync takes your privacy very seriously and is committed to protecting the personal information that we collect and process about you.
2. What personal information we collect
Personal information is information that can be used to identify you.We collect the following personal information: Name, age and email address
We also anonymously collect app usage data.
3. How we collect personal information
We obtain personal information from you when you submit this via our app or website or attend one of our events.
4. How we use personal information
To calculate your Wellbeing Quotient (WQ)® in the BreatheSync app. To email you with information on breathing better and using our technology.
5. Who we share personal information with
Your personal information is used by us to improve our service to you and is not shared with third parties. We use the following software: Google Firebase (for app usage) and MailChimp (for email newsletters)
We will never sell or share personal information with organisations for their marketing activities.
6. How we keep personal information safe
We take looking after your personal information very seriously.
We limit access to personal information to those who have a genuine business need to know it. Those processing information will do so only in an authorised manner and are subject to a duty of confidentiality.
Unfortunately the transmission of information using the internet is not completely secure. Although we do our best to protect your personal information sent to us this way, we cannot guarantee the security of data transmitted to us.
7. How long we store personal information
We will hold your data for as long as is reasonable in order to carry out the business of BreatheSync, unless otherwise requested by you.
We will hold your data for as long as required to enable us to operate our services, but will not keep this information for any longer than necessary. When we no longer need to retain the information, we will ensure it is securely disposed of, at the appropriate time.
8. Whether personal information has to be provided, and if so why
All personal data provided to BreatheSync is done so on an entirely voluntary basis. We may request certain information in order to optimally perform the functions of our organisation, but it is not mandatory and never a pre-condition of our services.
9. Reasons we can collect and use personal information
We rely on ‘Consent’ as the Lawful Basis (GDPR Article 6) on which we process personal data. Our purposes could not reasonably be achieved without it.
10. Rights of our clients
Under the General Data Protection Regulation, our clients have a number of important rights free of charge. In summary, those include rights to:
• fair processing of information and transparency over how we use personal information
• access to their personal information
• object to the processing of personal information
• withdraw consent given to use personal information
• require us to correct any mistakes in personal information which we hold
• require the erasure of personal information concerning in certain situations
• receive their personal information which has been provided to us, in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format and have the right to transmit such data to a third party in certain situations
• restrict our processing of their personal information in certain circumstances
• claim compensation for damages caused by our breach of any data protection laws
If you would like to exercise any of those rights at any time, please contact us by emailing: firstname.lastname@example.org
Please let us have / know:
• enough information to identify you
• proof of your identity and address (a copy of your driving license or passport and a recent utility or credit card bill), and
• the information to which your request relates
If you would like to unsubscribe from any newsletter, you can also click on the ‘unsubscribe’ button at the bottom of the newsletter.
11. How to complain
We hope we can resolve any query or concern you raise about our use of information.
The General Data Protection Regulation also gives you right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority, in particular in the European Union (or European Economic Area) state where you work, normally live or where any alleged infringement of data protection laws occurred. The supervisory authority in the UK is the Information Commissioner’s Office which may be contacted at https://ico.org.uk/concerns/ or telephone: 0303 123 1113.
12. Changes to this privacy notice
This privacy notice was published October 2018.
We may change this privacy notice from time to time. You should check this privacy notice occasionally to ensure you are aware of the most recent version.